Friday, March 23, 2012

Still Working - Haven't Given Up

I haven't posted an update since the 14th and I don't want anyone to think I've given up. What we have been doing is de-cluttering ReBecca's lower studio and making a few runs to the house with boxes. As well I have been filling in nail holes and with knotty pine boards comes loose knots. Then comes the sanding, and with a couple of palm sanders it kicks up a bit of dust and takes a little time. The floors look good and are not perfect, ReBecca keeps reminding me, we still want to show some of the original character and charm of these century old floors boards, and she got it. So no pictures of wood fill or pine dust today, just of the cause of this latest step in restoring the floors.
Remember this picture from an earlier post, these leave a few hole that need some attention.
And a fraction of the knots that fell out. I suppose after a 116 year it is natural to dry up and fall out.

No comments:

Post a Comment