Saturday, April 26, 2014

Early Stages Of Kitchen Cabinet Construction

It has been a while since I have posted anything as some of you have made very clear, so here are a few pictures of the kitchen cabinets in the early stages of construction. But first to let you know what has been going on lately. After going over our plans I made up a cut plan to get the most of each sheet of plywood, I made the cuts needed and decided to put the poly on that goes on the inside of the cabinets, it's easier at this stage. The only thing is that it takes time for it to dry, three coats of time. As well I have been painting the inside of the upper cabinets that go in either side of the kitchen window. Again primer and three coats takes time and I only have so much room to lay things out in the shop. I am hoping this week I'll be at a point to put them together and start installing, but again it takes time. Note the pattern here, we too can't wait.

Here is the kitchen layout I did a while ago.

Here are base cabinet bottoms and backs.

The upper cabinets parts.
 
More base cabinet panels.

The upper cabinets by the window, painted white.

Two bins of scarp and a garbage can of cut offs.

No comments:

Post a Comment