Tuesday, September 29, 2015

The Closet Door

This may be a typical closet door and is going in the usual place where the closet is (was) but with some modifications. The door way this door is going in doesn't just stop in a small closet it goes into ReBecca's closet, AKA "The Dressing Room". The door requires some modification, a bit narrower and longer. They were sized to width and then glued together with 16 large biscuit's, and form the side cut off I made an extension for the bottom. Once the extension was ready I secured it the same way and then carved out the profile to match the rest of the door. To paint it will be a challenge, I built a little jig to hold it off the table so I can turn it over several time to catch any drips, which will happen when using a brush with all the louvers. This is the primer coat and I think I'll try ReBecca's suggestion and spray paint the finished coats, this should give a better look.

Before the work.

After the primer coat is on.

You can see the jig in place. Actually screwed to the bench.

This worked very well, moving from font to back a lot.

2 comments: