Monday, October 7, 2013

Another One Bits The Dust

That is what we said when the first floor section of the chimney came down today. I used a new pneumatic chisel and it went well. The brick work was about three course high in the ceiling and I just cut away below it and when the room opened up I could get at the ones in the back. It took us about 3 hours to pull it down. I filled the pails with bricks and ReBecca took the out to the trailer. No stairs today. I first put up plastic to keep the dust down in the rest of the house and covered everything with drop cloths, you never know. It wasn't too bad and clean up went well. The rest tomorrow.

Trying to keep things clean.

My access point.

I'm working hard.

See I wear protection.

Hard at the last few courses.

A little problem, a stuck brick. Not for long.

What we started with today, from an older picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment