Tuesday, October 8, 2013

One Very Big Job

Well it's done, the chimney is out and so is the old fire box. Today it didn't take too long to remove the last 6 feet, the only problem I had was the last 3 courses, they were very well laid. I estimate there were just over 1000 bricks in this chimney, they'll make a nice walkway. After lunch ReBecca and I pulled out the fire box and put it in place, much better than a burn barrel. It was tricky getting it out of the basement, I used long sturdy boards covered with plywood. I put the fire box on the dolly, tied it to the trailer hitch and ReBecca pulled away and up it went right onto the trailer. She then drove it to our spot, it came off rather well and we placed it on some patio stone. We'll put up a little fence to hid it from the road later.

All done.

Looking up the rabbit hole.

Ready to go.

The trailer lift dug in a bit.

She loaded it on the trailer nicely.

It's new home.

This job is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment