Wednesday, December 11, 2013

There's No Turning Back Now

Well we are committed now, as you can see they showed up today and got a lot done. Once the roof was cleaned off they got at the shingles and then the sheathing came off. I am keeping most of it along with the old rafter they cut off. They had to make a game plan to move forward including getting the height of the new floor to match the house. The thing is the addition ceiling is 8 feet the original ceiling in the house is 8½ feet so a little adjusting to make it line up took some time and well worth it. With the roof down the construction part won't take long, I'm told. There should be about two more days of work left. I hope.

Clean off the snow, less mess.

Carefully dismantling it.

Getting the joists ready.

There was lots of blown in insulation up there.

Floor joists in place.

One last piece to come down, the end gable.

Cover it up for the night.

A future roof just lying there.

No comments:

Post a Comment