Monday, March 18, 2013

Slice And Dice The Door Trim

A more accurate description of today's work would be 'rip and route' because I ripped the main boards for the door trim to width, routed the edges and cut out the rabbet for the profiled piece. It may not sound like much but there are 49 boards that I ripped the edge trim off, then I ripped the boards to width. Set up the router for the round overs which required two passes. Back to the table saw to cut out the rabbet, again two different set ups to complete it. Making sure I used feather boards to keep the boards snug to the saw blade for a more accurate cut and keeping my fingers clear as well. Tomorrow I'll sand them and should be able to get a primer coat on some of them.

The main 4 inch trim board.
The first step, rounding over the edges.

Finally cutting a rabbet in them to fit over the main trim.

No comments:

Post a Comment