Thursday, April 11, 2013

Getting Back To Work

After a few days off and with weather not so spring like I finally got back to work. Yesterday I picked up the lumber needed for the baseboards. You might recall the bathroom reno, where I make our baseboards with custom profiles, and now this theme will go throughout the house. I have 260 board feet of 1 x 10 pine to mill into custom baseboards. First I cut off the ¾ inch piece for the ¼ round piece that goes on after the main board. I then cut the board to 8 inches, the final width, now it's time to cut the profiles. It took two passes with different router bits to cut the cove and one pass for the ¼ round. They are ready for sanding, priming and painting.

There are 6 - 12 footer, 6 -10 footers and 16 - 8 footers.

You can't tell but they are ready for the profile.

The cove profile cut in the longer boards.

A look at the profile in the 8 footers.

Here are the ¼ round with the profile cut in.

No comments:

Post a Comment