Saturday, April 7, 2012

Demo Days

No I'm not trying out new golf clubs, at least not yet, I mean demolish days. We got a 22 ft dumpster in and have been busy filling it up. ReBecca started with the 45 bags that were in our shed of stuff from the ceilings and the old kitchen counter. I started with the old walls and ceiling from the bathroom and moved on to the walls from the kitchen and dining room. Yesterday was the kitchen and remainder of the bathroom, today was the dining room, the outside walls at this point. Tomorrow I'll work on the remaining inside walls, this will give us a good look at the wiring and we think recover a bit of space in the kitchen, I'll explain in the next post if it's true. There was one surprise and no it wasn't a wiring surprise, these I am expecting now. I found a Robbie Burns Highland Whisky bottle in the wall, still in tact and yes it's empty. As for wiring, you'll see what was uncovered in the kitchen, I'm happy they are all disconnected.
The bathroom ceiling with the drywall pulled down exposing the old plaster.
All the lath and plaster pulled down, the drywall in the back is removed from where we are going to put in a window.
This picture and the next few are of the kitchen walls.
Nice bit of wiring?? The boards were the old wall from the bathroom.
Dining room walls cleared off.
This header between the dining room and kitchen is nice and strait, too bad they didn't' get it up tight to joists, a little sag we are going to have to try and straiten out.
Our Robbie Burns Highland Whiskey bottle, at least they were happy when they worked on the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment