Monday, April 23, 2012

First Step To Putting It Back

Well we are at a stage where we are starting construction rather then demo. The first room we need to get up and running is the bathroom, and once it's done I can complete the last room to demo, which is the upstairs bathroom. More on that room when it happens. After removing everything to see what I have to work with and what needs some attention I had to figure out how I can use the existing lines to avoid any more holes to the basement, it took a bit but I think I have it worked out. As well I had to plan for the future bathroom upstairs and I will be roughing in the drain and water lines. So here is what has gone on over the past few days.
A bit of frame work around the tub surround, which all came out.
Opening up the walls to see what I have to work with. The 3 inch elbow on the floor is where the plumbing will go to the upstairs bathroom, inside the end wall for the tub.
It's never easy, I have to move the drain lines to the left about 2 feet.
Pulled up the old floor, it was ½ inch and shimmed up with narrow shims making it very soft in some spots. I supported the floor in the basement with concrete footings, and 3 2x6 's on jack posts to keep it solid. Then where it needed to be built up I used large pieces of ¾ inch plywood under the ¾ inch floor, very solid and will provide the support needed for the tiles we have to lay.
New toilet and sink to go in, I am just staging where everything is to go and then I'll build new support walls for the tube and hide the plumbing. One step at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment