Today I started to do some work in the living room, I will be putting down the reminder of the ¾ inch plywood to finish off the first floor but can't because some of the electrical that was run comes up where I don't like it to. So I did a little work to fix a couple of problems and will finish off the rest tomorrow.
This line feed the outlet for an electric fire place they had. Not much room in the basement to feed a line up, with post construction it's hard to get a line through and the foundation wall extends inward about 18 inches. This line is now disconnected and pulled out. I'll use it in another location.
The best way to do anything is remove a little drywall, expose what you need and work is done. I ran a new line to the plug on the left, as I had to raise it because we are putting in 8 inch baseboards and this one was a bit low. And I ran a new feed line to the existing plug to the right of it. A couple of drywall screws, a bit of tuck tape, mud and sanding, and all is new again.
This line came up very close to the edge of the drywall, so I cut away a bit of the sub-floor to move it back some and protected it with a nailing plate. All is safe now.
This line feeds the plug in the living room, and as you can see it's exposed. This is in the hall way by the front door. I can't put plywood over this. Tomorrow's job.
No comments:
Post a Comment