Monday, November 12, 2012

Getting Started

We picked up 40 sheets of drywall Saturday, 20 in the house and 20 still on the trailer in the garage. Sunday was Remembrance Day and we went to Saint John for the City's Parade at Harbour Station. My Brother-In-Law as the Parade Commander, an excellent turnout. Today we are back at it, this time with drywall. It may not look the best but with a 120 year old home, some of the original 90° corners and things not actually being square won't matter once I put on the tape and mud, you'll never know. A while ago I took the time to try and straighten the strapping, trying to take the bend out of it, as it turned out in a couple of places I was a little over zealous and it showed when I put up the first piece of drywall in the dining room, a big bend in it, so down came the drywall and with a few modifications made, it's better. I had one other spot to attend to as I was about to finish the ceiling and once that was tidied up I started the walls. But it was a long process even with a drywall lift and I'll finish up the dining room tomorrow, then start in the kitchen. This has been a long time coming.

The south/west corner of the dining room.
You can see how high the ceilings are with the gap at the bottom of 8 foot sheets.

The south east corner of the dining room.

Looking south at the dining room ceiling.

Looking at the north side of the dining room ceiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment