Thursday, November 1, 2012

Pink & Warm - Safe & Sound

The rest of the insulation and vapor barrier are up in the kitchen and ready for drywall, some day soon. I also put up a bundle of "Safe and Sound" roxul insulation in the living room. This adds to the sound proofing to help keep the sound from the TV echoing up to the bedroom. I'm not worried that it doesn't go all the way across the ceiling in the living room, because what is not done is in the dressing room side. I also beefed up one of the floor joists the goes down the upstairs hallway, at the far end of the stair opening. I never noticed that the floor had a little 'bounce' to it until I had a visitor one day and wanted to see how I was doing and look at the floors upstairs, and he noticed the 'bounce'. So I just screwed in a 10 foot 2 x 6 to the existing joist and put in two 2 x 6's a cross members to beef it up a bit. I wasn't concerned about the little bounce, and seeing the ceiling is opened up right now, why not.

Insulation in the kitchen, done.

Sound proof and fire safe insulation in the living room.

You can see the new support joist and cross members.

No comments:

Post a Comment