Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Just About There

We're almost ready to start with the mud. I have a couple more window to cut the old frame back to the drywall, so when we put up the trim it will be flush, I did the two in the living room today. I also spent most of the day working on one small area beside the front door. It was originally behind the bulkhead that housed the plumbing from the upstairs bathroom. It didn't need to be perfect as it was hidden but now that it's exposed I had a bit of work to make it solid. I had to put thin pieces of plywood into the wall cavity and behind the drywall by the dining room door to secure those pieces. Then some 2 x 4 's inside the wall to act as supports for the boards I installed to cover off the opening and have something to screw the drywall to. Once the inside boards were in place I had to spray foam some of the cavity as it is an outside wall and when that dried I filled the rest with insulation, taped down the vapor barrier and then put up the second boards. Then came the drywall, I also just put up two pieces that covered the floor joists by the stairs, to clean it up for now.

This may only be 8 inches wide but a lot of effort went into it.

The drywall is back up and I added a filler strip at the top of the door.

A couple of pieces to clean up the stairs a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment