Tuesday, November 13, 2012

That's One

I decided to complete the dining room drywall work before moving onto the kitchen, that is putting up full sheets. I did it this way so I when I move tools from one room to the other I don't have to move them again to finish off the room. It takes about the same amount of time measuring, cutting and putting up smaller pieces as it does full sheets. And the little one are more of a pain to fit. I did run into one little snag today, in the dining room, when looking south the little wall on the east (right) side of the opening to the kitchen, I have the supports for the header and it looked square to the existing wall that surrounds the chimney. Well the supports are plumb but one of the older studs bowed out in the middle and I had to shave it down a bit with the reciprocating saw. Other wise the wall would have a bulge and this would not do. Here are a couple of shot of the finished dining room, note the one tool that helped make this job a hole lot easier, the drywall lift.

Looking at the south west corner.

Looking at the north east corner.

The north west corner.

My new favorite tool, at least until this job is done anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Its lookin' awesome Wayne. Must feel so good to be doing the drywall. :)

    ReplyDelete