Thursday, December 20, 2012

Looking Back - Part II

It only seemed fitting to look back at how the dining room went after we looked at the kitchen. This room went well, the wiring wasn't too bad, the only thing was when I was removing the drywall from the header that separated the kitchen and dining room, it moved, which told me it wasn't carrying any load. For me that was a bit scary. Earlier I knew I had to do some work and had already put in a support beam in the basement in line with this wall, so I could jack it up a bit.


As it looked when we walked through.

With the ceiling and walls pulled down you can still see the sag
 in the ceiling.

This is the new support beam, I did manage to push up the
ceiling about ¼ inch and wasn't going to try any more.
After all it took a 100 year to get there and I wasn't going to
fix it in a month.

Found this in the wall, at least they were happy building it.

Lots of paper under the old floor boards and vinyl, adding
to the time line.




Primer makes it look nice and clean.
 

A better look at a nice clean and straight ceiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment