Monday, December 31, 2012

Looking Back - Part V

After the main bathroom was reconfigured we were able to remove the upstairs bathroom. It wasn't too bad of a job, I think the hardest part was going up in the attic to re-run some of the wires for the new lights and plug. There wasn't much of insulation in the walls, what was there had compacted and in the wall on the right side of the window was a little surprise, an old bee's nest. Once all was removed I could fix the floor were the old plumbing went through, I used old floor boards as they were the same thickness and I wanted to use original materials were possible.  Here is how the job went.

Before we started, the hall is a little dark.

Starting to come down.

It's opened right up.

The little surprise.

Most of the deconstruction done.

New lights and plug are in and strapping is up.

Insulation is in, a lot warmer now.

Vapor barrier is on.



A bit of drywall and mud makes huge difference.

A little primer brights it right up.
Compare this to the first picture in this post.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review of your exciting project - looks wonderful, what a transformation.

    ReplyDelete