Saturday, October 27, 2012

Getting Wired

It seems like it takes for ever just to get a wire run, in this case it took a few hours to run the power for the future cook top and a few plugs. This is because I had to lift up the plywood sub-floor and a couple of boards from the sub sub-floor to have better access to run this old range wire. I also ran a new wire for a GFI plug right of the sink and re-used an old line for another plug and lights. This one will be a split receptacle so lots of plugs on separate lines and we shouldn't have a power problem if we have several things plugged in.

This is the cook top line, I had to drill through the sill beam, and I felt better having a nailing
plate over the wires path. Not that anything will happen, I just want to be careful.

Feed line for a new GFI plug on the right side of the sink.

The location of the new plugs and switches. One of the switches at the end will control the
light over the sink, the other is for the other three kitchen lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment