Monday, October 22, 2012

Out With The Old

Now that I have the floors in upstairs we won't be using the old wood furnace anymore, in fact I had the old duct lines pulled out before I put down the plywood. I did put in place a new vent in the bathroom, ready for the new heating system, that is when we sell and move out there. The old wood furnace is not very efficient and sent out a lot of dust, not very healthy. I'll be getting in a large dumpster this week and will be getting disposing of old duct lines and construction waste that has been accumulating since the upstairs bathroom demo and the removal of the dining room and kitchen floors. This is what the basement looks like now.

This is what it looked like when we moved in, lines everywhere.

Just the fire box left.

A little work with the old tin and a cap plugs the chimney.

No comments:

Post a Comment