After the window went in the weather looked very good so I took advantage of it and enjoyed myself at the Golf Club. Today with the rain I got a couple of the little things done. The north wall near the addition door had water damage years ago and there was rot in the sill and a stud, so I did a little work and repaired it, the best I could. I pulled up the plywood, cut away one of the old floor boards that was also showing signs of rot, put in a new floor board, then relaid the plywood. I then put a small board on the old sill, which by the way is not the normal 2 x 6 or 2 x 4 construction, it's 6 x 6 post and beam so there is lots of wood left. Anyway I secured a board between two studs and screwed a new stud to the old one to give it strength. I doubt I needed it because about 16 inches on either side are two wide studs, I just felt better doing it. Today I also up part of the mock up so we could see what it will look like with a wall cabinet just inside the door from the addition, still lots of room. One last thing I did was pull down a bit of drywall around the wall to the living room so when it comes time to put in a the new short walls I'll be able to attach them to wood and not drywall.
 |
| You may be able to see the new studs I put in and the mock up give you an idea of what space will be used up. |
 |
| Just a shot of the living room wall with the drywall removed. |
No comments:
Post a Comment