Thursday, October 18, 2012

In With The New - Out With The Old

I know the title is backwards, but this is how it went yesterday. After a long day I got the new window in and the old one out, and the siding back up. Here is how it went, enjoy.

This is what it looked before I started.

The siding come off and I was able to use some of it to replace borken sections.

This is with the Styrofoam insulation removed.

The window is in, the blue is a rubber sill gasket.


Out with the old, notice the size of the hole compared to that little window size.
Inside it was built up on the sides by about 4 inches, and had to be removed.

Reused the Styrofoam insulation and sealed it up, after a bit of framing inside.
 

And 9 hours later with the siding back up we're done.
Did you notice from the first picture to this one the sun coming around.

The inside look and you can see were the old window was.

No comments:

Post a Comment